What does your profession demand?
Posted by Mush Panjwani on March 10, 2012
I met a fat doctor. Though I don’t like to judge people by their appearances, I wouldn’t quite trust him with my own health and well-being. What will be your first impression when you see…
- A dentist with bad teeth?
- A tailor in shabby clothes?
- A teacher who doesn’t like kids?
- A beautician who is less than beautiful?
- A manager who is not organized?
- An educationist who doesn’t like to read?
- A banker or financial expert with no money?
- A motivational trainer who gets depressed easily?
- A salesperson who doesn’t use her own products, or worse still, uses competitive products?
These are examples of people who are in the wrong jobs/business; who don’t believe in what they do; who don’t practice what they preach. Every profession comes with certain demands and responsibilities, fulfilling which results in success and happiness. And so does every relationship. As a spouse, we must find the time for our partner. As parents, we have to be the role models. As friends we have to be there. And what about our responsibilities towards the community, towards our fellow human beings and towards the world we live in?
“It’s easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.”